Friday, August 10, 2007

A year after ILP...

Hi friends! It gives me an immense pleasure to acquaint you with the fact that it's been a year after I joined TCS.

The day was August 10, 2006, exactly a year ago, the first day of my ILP and the first day with TCS.

Two months of training called ILP – The Initial Learning Program of TCS is one of the most cherished parts of my life. As I had mentioned in my first post, the place of my training was Hyderabad. Till then I didn't have much idea about this place. In these two months, we explored Hyderabad and we all fell for this beautiful city. I wished they could have posted us in Hyderabad itself after the training. Every day of ILP in Hyderabad was bliss! (No offence…family members ;-))

I will publish more articles about my experiences and various aspects of ILP in subsequent posts.

I would like to dedicate this article to all my colleagues, trainers and all the people who were there with me during ILP and who filled my life with the astonishing moments during these two months.

Thank you all for being part of the ILP Days…

10 comments:

Gaurav said...

Thanks Netrey for all your informations, would like to more about how you find TCS after a year, i mean are u satisfied or have any regrets?

Thanks once again for all the pains u are taking for freshers like us.
Bubye.

ILP Days... said...

Hi Gaurav,

Everything has two sides - a good and a bad. The days in TCS are nice till date. I went through many good and bad experiences, but the overall experience was very good.

Thanks for your appreciation. I was also fresher when I joined TCS. I hope, I can see you contributing your experiences to this blog after two months :)

Unknown said...

hai... in which domain u r working now.. and is there any bench period for u.. if so how u overcome tat

ILP Days... said...

Hi Satish,

I've been currently working on SAP.

Well, after completing ILP, we were sent to our base branch, Mumbai, for the branch specific induction. After the induction, some of us were allocated to different projects. I and some of my colleagues were asked to report to Borivali office for project. When we reached there, we came to know that there are no requirements in the project there and we were sent to Thane office to report to MATC there.

In Thane office, the experience was quite boring. We reported to MATC person and he told us that there is not a single vacancy in any of the projects there and he wud let us know when there's any requirement for any project. We had to wait a lot before we got the project. But everything that happens, happens for a good reason; I got into SAP.

Gaurav said...

For sure.....
thanks a lot.
bubye

Anonymous said...

hiiiiiiiiiii
i wanna to know that can we wear black shoes of any type means without lesses or not.
Also i came to know that we have to wear the signature cut ties.i m not knowing much abt this type.plz help

ILP Days... said...

@ Anonymous,

Hi,

Generally, black shoes with lace are considered formal. Slip-ons are not counted as formal, but may be business casual. During life skills sessions, you'll be taught about the formal attire.

There is no restriction as such as to which type of tie to wear, but avoid old fashioed, broad ties. Medium width tie with single or double knot are acceptable. The length of the tie should be such that the tip of the tie should reach up to your belt, not above, not below...

Gaurav said...

Hi!!
How are you???
Came to know from the recent postings that you are currently working on SAP. I have a query regarding this. What is SAP FICO?

Thanks a lot and do take care.
Bubye.

ILP Days... said...

Hi Gaurav,

I'm doing well. How abt u?

Well, FICO is one of the modules of SAP ERP system. It is Finance module. FICO stands for Financial Accounting and Controlling.

Anonymous said...

Hi!
I would like to know that are there any dress codes for girls also?If so what will they be?